Pink is the new identity for Breast Awareness programs held during the month of October. Since this is a disease that affects women the most in the recent years, we do need to make women, men, and youngsters aware of what they can do to avoid it and also survive through breast cancer in the best way possible.
It almost serves a brand ambassador for breast cancer and people who support organizations and communities that work against breast cancer, wear pink clothes or adorn pink ribbons and help the word to be spread among millions of people.
In the month of October, people should join hands and minds together to campaign and spread more awareness about cancer and specifically breast cancer as it has taken lives of many of our women, created imbalances for the many families when their mothers get sick.
What you need to know about breast cancer?
In USA, more than 200,000 females aged 40 and above are being affected with breast cancer and a recent study revealed that more than 40,000 women perish away due to breast cancer.
Studies reveal that middle aged women who are leaning to the fatter side are more inclined to be affected by breast cancer. But women of younger ages do have to get themselves regularly checked.
Another important fact that you must have heard over the years, but still may have not taken seriously is that; the earlier cancer is detected, the better- as the chances of survival is higher. So stay updated, release all fears and know your body and more about breast cancer in the right manner.
Make a Difference by getting all pink!
It is not about dressing in pink, but it working towards the ultimate goal: help people wade away from the clutches of breast cancer. Some ways you can be a valuable element of this move:
Today you could think and be part of a small event like this. Tomorrow, it could be source of motivation for our future generation to find an ultimate cure for breast cancer. So, each and every service of yours counts today.
Our world is a handful of people who once worked hard to create this modern technological world you see today. These include our relatives, our parents and all those who took care of us. Today, in America more than 5 million of the older generation is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. And for those who have seen their agony- face to face- you will know what the real pain is when concerned with this disease.
So, with this in mind- we dedicate one whole month to care, love and remember all those who suffer from the disease. We need to support people who cannot cure this fatal disease. We need to be with them during their hard times, when they cannot control their emotions or cannot recognize people or even hurt others without their knowledge.
This month is the time for Alzheimer’s disease, where we as one team, can fight the possibilities on how to survive the disease, and also avoid the disease in a safe and controlled manner.
Why we need to do this?
The country holds a large number of services that provide care and service to such people, but will they be able to substitute the real family- their loved ones? Think about it. All of you know there is nothing better than home. But in life, maybe there may be circumstances where children may not be able to look after aged and the helpless.
We as a society can support, advise, hold their hands, and give them comfort and assurance that they are not alone to fight this disease all alone.
Only once you experience the time you spent with the less fortunate and the needy, you learn the value of life, and inculcate a culture to care for your elders. It is great initiative to encourage the younger generation to reach out to people who need them. The joy it brings to bot you and the person in need is precious beyond words.
What is being done for one whole month?
Yes, many wonder what is to be done in a 30 day period. So much can be done in a few hours, so why not in a month
First the main intention of the program is to educate people on what exactly Alzheimer’s is all about.
Second, caregivers need to be given a break in their job. They work round the clock for these helpless beings and yet no one recognizes the amount of patience and sincerity they put into this type of work. So, this one month, if other people volunteer to take care of patients, then it helps to mount off a great deal of work pressure from the caregivers.
One month all will feel good about the change in talks, in touch, in interactions and even the sick and their family members would love this difference. After all who does not like a change?
The benefits of Purple
Finally, it is true that Alzheimer’s is a misery for both the person and the people taking care of them. But instead of feeling down, educate everyone on how to survive this better and people will be grateful for this one whole month of togetherness.
Our lungs are precious and with more lung cancer cases around America, many people felt it was time to spread awareness programs around the public. The awareness event kicked off about 20 years back and from then on, people have worked towards helping the society and especially youngsters know more about what lunch cancer is all about.
November: Lung Awareness Month
More than 30 percent of the cancer cases happen to be associated with lung cancer and so far it continues to be the prime cause of death – whether men or women. Each year the most cases of lung cancer are reported when compared to breast or colon or prostrate in America.
During the month of November you get to:
See people who are suffering from lung cancer
Learn about their experiences and the different treatments they have undergone
Classes will be conducted on good lifestyles and better food diets
Self help and motivational programs will be arranged to give a will power to survive through this ordeal with courage
The awareness program is not only meant for patients but for their families, relatives, loved ones, friends, neighbors and whoever is closely involved with the patients.
It is a gathering that combines knowledge, experience, spiritual and human bonding and also inculcating changed and better methods of living.
A change is encouraged as the causes, symptoms and; also after effects of the disease and other bad habits like excessive smoking are explained in detail to people. Hence people are given a brief idea of the reasons behind a disease and how they can stop it from catching them, if careful.
How can you help people during the Lung Awareness Month?
1. Throw light: These are free events. So, anyone can join and take part in it. Spread the word to all who you know. They do not necessarily have to be sick, but it is a good chance to educate people on lung cancer. So, do your part in the best way possible.
2. Explain the Disease: It is your chance to speak out and let the world know whatever you are aware about lung cancer. For this, you can even coordinate with cancer specialists, invite them over, hold video chats and present it during this one month. Talk and encourage people to talk so that the stigma behind lung cancer breaks its chains.
3. Volunteer: You have one whole month- the month of November to do good deeds. Yes, please volunteer, and make yourself available to all those who need support, guidance, help and care. Take the initiative to arrange such free meetings and events and ensure that it becomes success. For this you can do some campaigning as required, go for fund raising activities, encourage youngsters t take part, go to schools, and homes, and public places and tell people to be a part of the awareness event.
4. Training Programs: This is a great way you can help. It is not necessary that you have to be medically inclined or experienced, but if you do the research, collect data, help collect funds, then you will get results. Invite medical experts, heath care professionals, cancer scientists, caregivers, dieticians, spiritual people, and all who you can think can speak, and share vital information to people in your locality.
5. White: If you are a true Lung Cancer Volunteer, dress to make people alert. Yes, pin up the white ribbon and campaign so that people understands that you mean serious business and is out to help people. White Ribbon stands for Lung Cancer Awareness Month and so pass on the message of good and safe living through your walks, talks, campaigns and gestures.
The truth behind most of the diseases in this world, is ignorance. We need to wipe out such ignorance through such humble initiatives. Hold hands and help people who may want that special care from you.